Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Can any online doctor please suggest tonic to increase appetite in a 18 month old underweight

my baby is18 months old.she weighs 9.5 kgs and 75 cms.she is a very picky eater.It would be grateful if any doctors can suggest me a tonic to increase her appetite.Thank you,Aswini
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.See as per the standard weight formula her weight should be around 10 kg at one year and at this age about 12 kgs.So she is nor grossly under weight.Some training is required for your child.Do make any special provision for her while eating.Make her seat with you and other family members when they are eating.this makes some impact.Feed her high calorie food.Like adding drops of ghee to dal and rice,which without increasing quantity increase calorie value.Give her sing-daliya,more of vegetable juices and fruit juices.Feed her minimum 4-5 times in a day.Avoid giving more of biscuits and bread etc.which makes her feel full at least couple of hours before meals.
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor