Can Polyfax Ointment cure painful and swollen nose caused after ear piercing?

I have my nose piercing done last Friday I just started having pain and swelling in my nose today I am just cleaning it with salt and water twice a day and then put polyfax ointment on it twice a day Why is this swelling and pain and what shall I do ? Shall a I stop using poly fax ?
Mon, 18 Mar 2019

Any type of body piercing results in swelling and pain initially and it gradually decreases and heals the wound with time with more care and cleanliness of the pierced area.

Generally, when the pain and swelling last for a longer duration, there are high chances of the wound is infected. The ointment you are using contains antibiotics and usually used externally for skin infection.

I would suggest you, use the ointment with your doctor's advice because if you are allergic to any contents of the ointment it will result in rash, itching or other serious side effects.

Another thing excess or inadequate use can lead to undesirable results so to avoid all these things, it's always better to consult a dermatologist or your doctor before using the ointment.

Also, your doctor needs to examine the pierced area for any infection because if there is some infection he might advise you some oral antibiotics for a quick recovery, analgesics, if needed, will be prescribed to you by the doctor for relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Manisha Auradkar, General & Family Physician