Can Neosporin be used for an abscess?

I have a recurring absess and much pain that seems to revisit me once or twice a year dye to some bad dental work. They always exray but say there is nothing wrong. This time the abscess is large and bleeding a bit as I have attempted to remedy it. I took some antibiotics and put some neosporin on it . It seems to have shrunk a bit but my stomach is bothering me. Was going to get some pepto. I am wondering if the neosporin may be toxic. I have used it before with no issues and think it may just be the lack of sleep and the antibiotics and pain pills I have been taking. What do you think?
Fri, 30 Mar 2018

As per your case history of abscess, my treatment advice is:

1. Don't squeeze the lesion as it may worsen the condition.
2. Apply a mild antibiotic cream like Fusiderm cream twice daily on it.
3. Take a NSAID like Ibuprofen drug for 5 to 7 days.
4. Other treatment options are oral antibiotics like Levofloxacin, Cefadroxil and Azithromycin taken only after consulting a Dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harshit Bhachech