Can Delsym be taken for cough while on Prednisone and Augmentin?

I have tracheal malacia secondary to relapsing polychondritis. I also have pulmonary arterial hypertension. I had a crushed spine and suffer from spinal stenosis and have also developed fibromyalgia (if that is really a disease.) I currently have a bacterial bronchitis for which I am being treated with prednisone and augmentin. Can I take Delsym for this cough? I coughed so much I developed 2 hernias.
Fri, 6 Jul 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If the cough is with secretions no OT would be better not to take it because the secretions should be get out of the airways.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.