Can Coumadin and Ashwagandha Root be taken together?

I am on Dr. supervised Coumadin. Can I also take Ashwagandha Root for stress response? I will ask this question of my Pharmacist in my routine visit for Coumadin check tomorrow, but I doubt she will know what Ashwagandha Root is. Thank you....Joe K..........
Sat, 12 Jan 2019
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

It is not advisable to take any medication with coumadin without knowing the exact chemical composition of the drug.

This is because a large number of drugs are known to interfere with coumadin and reduce or increase its effect.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri,
Pathologist and Microbiologist