Can Betnovate be applied on a burn wound?

Hi,,,my partner spilled hot coffee on her chest whilst in bed,,,we are on holiday's right now away from home,,I have betnovate cream for my eczema on hand & was wondering if i can use a little just to ease her discomfort until we get better treatment....
Fri, 9 Feb 2018
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I understand your concern. I don't suggest Betnovate for burning.

Some advice that I can give you are: 

1) Soaking the wound in cool water for five minutes or longer.
2) Taking Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for pain relief.
3) Applying Lidocaine (an anesthetic) with Aloe Vera gel or cream to soothe the skin.
4) Using an antibiotic ointment and loose gauze to protect the affected area.

Hope my answer was helpful.If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.

Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician