Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

CT scan done. Multiple subcentimeter nodes, bilateral subpleural ground-glass opacities, fibrotic stranding. On antibiotic. What does this mean?

hello, my husband has under gone the ct scan and the repot show, multiple subcentimeter nodes 8.9mm in the paratracheal region and bilateral lower zone dependent densities with minimal ground glass opacities andsubpleural fibtrotic changes. left lingular segmant shows fibrotic stranding.he is on antibiotics for a wek. so plz can u explain in detail what is it actualy.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  501
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Infectious diseases are common in the sub-continent region and these nodes and the fibrotic changes might represent outcomes of those infectious processes. the ground glass opacities in the dependent regions as the word suggests is a finding due to mild compression of the lung when one is lying down. This is not abnormal.
Answered: Fri, 15 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor