Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Broke heel bone, calcaneus. Taking difene tablets. Can I be recommended anything else?

hello there. in 1994 i broke my heel bone ( calcaneus ). i am now in constant pain with it and in the mornings when i get up from my bed i walk on it is not possible for at least three hours. i take difene tablets which i like to think are a help. is there any thing you could recomen for me. i am 63 next birthday thank you for your time j r jones
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
After a calcaneum fracture, a mild inflammation may persist after healing which is causing you the pain.
You can use a soft sole shoe, do a light massage under your foot on getting up and consider taking steroid injections locally if the pain is severe.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor