Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Bluish discoloration of child.

Doctor I want to know if cyanosis can come and go in a child who has a heart problem ,if so can it last 30 minutes and go away for 2 hours and come back for an hour then go away again?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1341
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Cyanosis is bluish discoloration of the skin. It can come and go, but any cyanosis is a sign of a deeper problem there and that the child isn't oxygenating well which can rob precious blood and oxygen from some vital organs as the body will shunt the blood to the heart and brain and pull it from everywhere else to do so. There is a congenital (since birth) heart disease called Teratology of Fallot in which the child is cyanosed on exertion even by excessive crying and later when the child curl?s up the cyanosis disappears and once again when the child exerts cyanosis appears and this cycle repeats in cyclical manner with exertion and curling and thus resulting in alternate cyanosis and state of well being. This needs to be attended by a pediatrician.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor