Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Bloated stomach, headache, dizziness. Pain under breast. Related to IBS?

hi there my name is heidi evans i am 21 years old and my weight is 9 stone . I been suffering from a bloated tummy headaches feeling dizzy, if i eat certain foods i suffer from a bloated belly and painfully spazmas in my tummy and a stabbing pain. I also have pain under my left breast when I am stressed this could be somthing to do with irratle bowel symdome but not sure
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Heidi Evans,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with HCM.

Feeling bloated and having painful spasms when eating certain foods is a signal that your body is giving to you that such foods are not the right for you. Therefore, you should avoid them.

Next, having pain under your left breast when you are stressed out, could be related to bowel spasms induced by stress.

The symptoms your are having could also related to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) but first organic causes should be ruled out by your GI specialist. So, I'd suggest to :

- observe what foods make your tummy become bloated and avoid them
- do culture of the stool to exclude candida infection
- examine your feces for ova/parasites
- do abdominal ultrasound or barium scanning to further evaluate your GI tract.

All the best!
Answered: Sat, 4 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor