Big indent in my chest.

I don t think this is a big deal or anything, but between my two nipples there is a small indent in the chest for everyone. The indent in my chest goes really far in, and I ve heard that this may mean that something is wrong with you.
Tue, 19 Jul 2011
's  Response
It sounds like you have Pectis Excavatum. It usually is not a big deal, but in some severe cases is can require surgery because if the indent is too deep it will interfere with breathing.
Dear
It is likely that you are having pectus excavatum or funnel chest which can be confirmed on physical examination and CT CHEST.
Pectus Excavatum in India is something the Medical fraternity has ignored for long, because primary physicians have never got any positive response from the Surgeon community. So it gets labeled as a cosmetic defect and is imbibed in the minds of the parents who initially seek remedy and later are frustrated with further consultations with doctors, It is when the child grows that he is aware of his deformity.
I am an Indian Thoracic surgeon trained in repair of chest wall deformity using a minimally invasive technique. I see this problem as three fold and surgery aiming to correct it to near perfection, I feel cosmetic is 3rd in order of importance
1.     Surgery will improve the functioning of heart and lungs.
2.     Psychosocial improvement in the persons self esteem
3.     Cosmetically a near normal chest with barely visible scar.
The correction of pectus deformity is done at Fortis Hospital Noida, NCR Delhi.

For details contact or write to
Dr LM.Darlong
Chest Wall Deformity Clinic
Fortis hospital Noida
Email; lmdarlong@gmail.com
Mobile +91-9958919595
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
You would also be barrel chested. Check here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrel_chest