Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Bang on the head, have a dent in the head on the site of bang. Is it serious?

Hi my names Karlie I am a female and I am 20 years of age. I just bumped my head very hard on a low hanging metal air duct in my basement. I would never usually make this a big deal, but there is an actual dent in my head where I bumped it. I know it s best if a bump does form, I have heard if no bump forms that it is a bad sign. Please help? Should I get to a doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  253
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Hello brumbaugh.12,

Here is the time in which I would highly recommend visiting a local doctor to have it damage assessed. It is very hard to give accurate advise when one can't even see the bump.

Although I can't see the bump, you did mention that you bumped your head very hard. There is the high possibility that you've just damaged the skin layer, however just to be sure, I would against highly advise on this occasion to visit a doctor, and have it assessed face-to-face.

Kind Regards,
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor