Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Baby having droppy eyelids,squint eyes. Advised surgery. Alternative treatment?

Hi, my 11 months old niece has following eye problems by birth 1) droppy lids - she can not lift her eye lids up completely all the times 2) squint / rolling eyes to the outer corner. we have taken her to a few eye specialist who recommended eye patches and an earliest possible surgery to remove squint and at a later stage i.e. 5/6 years another surgery to lift eyelids. I am trying to find out if there is any treatment which non-surgical with higher recovery. My mobile number is 9717 422 414 and email id is mk_in @ hotmail .com. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
Ideally in such cases the squint should be treated first, so that proper alignment of the eyes can occur and accurate measurement of the level of the eyelids is accessed. Only thing to be seen in such cases is that the eyelid should not be covering the visual axis or pupil to allow proper visual development. If the level of the lids is suchthat it is obscuring the pupil then you need th show the child to a trained ophthalmic plastic surgeon for proper evaluation and further course of action.
Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 20 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor