Are short term memory loss and confusion symptoms of aging?

My husband is 61 years old. He has short term memory loss, confused & talks in his sleep. I took him to a neurologist, but the neurologists said that its part of aging. Is he right? I don t want to go to another doctor who will just brush my concerns off.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Memory loss and confusion could be part of aging process, which are symptoms associated with senile dementia. However, talking during sleep can be considered as normal physiological process. To overcome memory loss and confusion symptoms, kindly visit with him to familiar places and interact with familiar people more frequently. Also, intake of antioxidant medications could be beneficial. Practicing meditation would also be of certain help. Never allow such people to be alone for long time. Try and keep them engaged in some kind of activities which they are comfortable of doing them routinely.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Ashakiran. S.