Are degenerative labral tear to superior labrum and chondral flap in superior most portion of weight bearing dome serious concerns?

Pt 39 M, BMI slightly elevated through muscularity, otherwise very fit; required (L) Hip Arthroscopic Surgery for a traumatic injury. Two tears: #1 Degenerative Labral Tear to Superior Labrum; from antereosuperiorly to the superior-most position on acetabulum; no disruptions inferiorly or posteriorly. #2 Chondral flap in superior most portion of wt bearing dome. Nothing repairable; both debrided; both shaved, curette to #2 after shaved/debrided to calcified zone, and microfractured with good flow. After normal recovery and DC home OP, with CPM. Recovery was poor, Pt s (L) ROM declined. Given the age of Pt, yet the significance of injury; attempts to resolve his Sx, and retain native hip, this case failed, as the Pt required a (L) THA less than six months post-Arthroscopy. As more studies are revealed, I can t help to think, given the short period between Arhtroscopy and THA, if Pt s THA was directly related to the Arthroscopy, or directly related to the injury, since more studies reveal, that this type of injury may have been destined to fail in the first case.
Tue, 29 Jan 2019

Consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

An arthroscopic repair might be better.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,