Are confusion and forgetfulness signs of brain lesions?

Is confusion and forgetfulness a sign brain lesions ? Patient stage 4 lung cancer, WITH past metastasis to brain. Cyber knife helped, 12 months later back in numerous areas of brain. On oxygen, was at 65. Has also had heavy chemo, radiation and immune therapy. Been 16 months..still can t accept it. S h e is 72... lesions in liver, anus, on bones, lungs and lymph nodes. Had headaches, but can confusion be a symptom, as.well as comprehension? Oncologist rec.hospice...she won t even think about it.
Fri, 6 Jul 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that confusion could be related to different possible causes, considering her past medical condition:
- brain metastasis
- brain damage due to radiation
- metabolic disorder (kidney or liver dysfunction, electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, etc.).
- opioid intake or any other drugs adverse effects.

Coming to this point, it is necessary going to the hospital for a brain CT scan or MRI coupled with other blood lab tests.
Hope to have been helpful!
Kind regards,
Dr. Iliri