Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Appendix surgery, pain in left and right side, pain where surgery was performed

Hi, i have pain both at my left and right sides. I had my appendix removed few years ago but i still feel pain there and on the exact spot at my left. What does these mean?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM
You had appendicectomy few years back. Local pain will not persist for so long. But minor abdominal surgeries may cause adhesions and intra-abdominal bands which can cause altered bowel motility and thus lead to vague lower abdominal pain on both sides. Pain exactly opposite to side of appendicectomy needs to be investigated by at least an ultrasound.Make sure you eat healthy with plenty of dietary fibre water intake. If pain persists and is severe you need to visit a gastroenterologist and get investigated at the earliest. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 8 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor