Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Anguish, impulsiveness, feeling of hatred due to disrupted and abusive past. How can I overcome it?

hi there, ive had quiet a disrupted & hard life. i was abused when i was younger & my single parent mum was an abusive alcoholic. im now 20 & in a relationship but im always uptight , angry & cry alot. i just feel like the whole world is against me & im more wiiling to be there for everyone around me than they are for me
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
Your problem is understandable. You need to move out of the past and you have start to learn to look at every relationship in a new light. Not every person you come across will be your mum. You need to trust more. Can i suggest you have a pet? If that is feasible. Animals are loving creatures and very trustworthy. They also teach you responsibility on your own. As for your current relationship is concerned, its going to have its highs and lows. The problem is that you may feel them exaggerated in you. You should enjoy the better parts of your relationship but not be too dependent on it. If you have some hobbies, its time to pursue them. If you like travelling, do so. Instead of trying to do everything together in your relationship, try to do things that you both like. Consult a psychologist. He can help you more. Hope that helps
God bless you
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor