Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

After a C section why am I getting cramps in my arm and leg with numbness and headache ?

I am 20 yo and i had a c section 12 wks ago(baby was breech)...i had a lot of blood loss and large clots so I recieved 2 pints of blood. I have not had my cycle since baby. I stopped bleeding at 2 weeks PP. Im worried since Im not breast feeding and I have had horrible leg and arm cramps. Numbness and tingling and headaches..Could I have a blood clot? What will they do? and is this in any way linked to the absence of my cycle. With my 1st child i had vaginal birth and cycle was back in 6 weeks.
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  219
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

welcome to HealthcareMagic

The absence of cycle is common after child birth due to breast feeding a condition called Lactational Amenorrhoea.Since you are not breast feeding but there will still be hormones present in your body and if you feed the baby you may get milk also.So even if it is not lactational amenorrhoea the periods can be absent due to anaemia;hormonal imbalance also.Do not worry please consult yur Gynaecologist and if it is hormonal you may get it once the hormones stabilise.The cramps in hands and legs may be due to generalised weakness and even electrolyte imbalance so drink enough water and even you can take electrolyte powder in water if the season is hot.

Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor