Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

80 year old in severe pain after a fall. What to do?

My 80 year old mother fell down the stairs Saturday (3 days ago). Her back is extremely sore and seems to be getting worse. She s been in bed since it happened. Won t go to the doctor because it hurts too bad to get dressed. My Dad wanted to call an ambulance but she won t allow it. I m hoping she will go to see a doctor tomorrow (she semi agreed). I m worried, just found out about the fall a few minutes ago. Hoping you can give me some idea of what might be wrong.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
At this age bones become brittle and spongy due to osteoporosis leading to pathological fracture even with minor fall.
Your mother might have got this type of fracture at hip joint,ball of hip joint, greater trocenter or even shaft of femur.
Take her to ER and get x-ray done.
After report treatment can be done accordingly.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor