Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

5 year old, has numbness in knee, has hard time walking, pain on back of knee on pressing. What treatment should be taken?

My grandson is five years old, and he is having a hard time walking. It looks like his left knee is giving him trouble. He tells me his knee feels numb. I can really see him have trouble when he tries to go up a stair. He told a friend, a physical therapist, that the back of his knee hurt when the therapist pushed on it. Any idea what it could be or who we should contact. Concerned Grandma
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query on HealthCareMagic.

We would like to have more information on this case before we can provide a definite answer:
1. Since when is the child having this problem?
2. Is it associated with fever?
3. Was there a history of injury or fall?

Under these circumstances it is always better to consult your doctor who shall examine the child and get appropriate investigations done to come to a diagnosis.

Wishing your grandson all the best.

Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor