Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

4 year old has the habit of overeating and vomiting to gain attention. How to deal this?

My son is an active, healthy 4 year-old who has a tendency to overheat more quickly than other children and throw up. We try to keep him fully hydrated b/c we are aware of this problem. It doesn t happen frequently, maybe only once a summer, but enough to get my attention. During one of these episodes he appears to sort of zone out momentarily, but as soon as he s cooled down he s perfectly fine. Is there anything that you think we should specifically ask his pediatrician about?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Thanks for the query.

Every child wants to get the attention of their care takers.
Some children even behaves strangely to get attention.
Under developmental steps, this is quite normal.
When they try to get your attention with some strange behavior,
just ignore.
When a child cries for moon, what we do?
Just ignore.
Good parenting is about this too.
Ignoring when it is required.

Good luck

Dr. Anand
Answered: Sat, 22 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor