Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

16 year old having gurgling sound coming from ribs while singing. What could be the cause?

My 16 year old daughter has developed a curious gurling/squelching noise which she gets when she is singing (her singing teacher was quite alarmed by it). It seems to be associated with breathing in deeply and comes from her left side below her ribs. She doesn t experience the problem at any other time but can do it at will by standing and breathing in deeply. She finds it off putting and is concerned about the cause.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Her respiratory system has to be examined by a pediatrician.

If needed a chest x ray will rule out significant problem.

In some lung conditions, the voice or vocal sound may transmit to the chest wall through the lung tissue.

Therefore I advise you to consult the pediatrician for physical examination including the auscultation of lungs with an chest x ray.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor