why is their swelling around my meatus, it tender to
Probably chlamydia infection, a urinalysis is needed for confirmation.
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
I reviewed the attached picture.
In my opinion, the symptoms seem to be related to chlamydial infection, which is an STD.
I recommend you to do a urinalysis to confirm the diagnosis.
If the diagnosis is confirmed prescribed antibiotics may be needed.
The preferred medication, in this case, is Azithromycin which is a prescription based medication.
The symptoms will go away in a week after the treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
It is not normal for chlamydia, symptoms probably due to friction.
Hi again dear,
It is not normal for chlamydia that the symptoms fade away overnight.
The symptoms in chlamydia want approximately a week of treatment to go away.
So, your symptoms can be related to friction during intercourse.
Anyway, I would recommend you to exclude chlamydia through a urinalysis.
Hope it helps dear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?