what should i give my 2 yr old for diarrhoea
Give plenty of fluids, watch for signs of dehydration
Thanks for asking on this platform
Most common cause of diarrhea in this age is some viral infection/food allergy.
I won't get overly worried if child is taking orally well(there is no vomiting), passing urine and is otherwise active and playful.
Give plenty of fluids in the form of ORS, plain water, coconut water, rice water, dal water etc. Avoid giving juice, sugary fluids, home made ORS.
Watch for signs of dehydration like excessive irritability, lethargy, poor feeding, decreased urine output, shrunken eyes, dry skin etc.
If you are noticing any please consult your pediatrician immediately.
Giving probiotics like Enterogermina helps in maintaining gut flora. Give zinc syrup for early recovery.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting