thank you doctor. I just wanted to do some research
Setting the boundaries may help
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns. Before I proceed to answer you I like to provide brief description of passive aggressive personality disorder for your understanding which is as follows.
"Patients with passive-aggressive personality characteristically procrastinate, resist demands for adequate performance, find excuses for delays, and find fault with those on whom they depend, yet they refuse to extricate themselves from the dependent relationships. They usually lack assertiveness and are not direct about their own needs and wishes. They fail to ask needed questions about what is expected of them and may become anxious when forced to succeed or when their usual defense of turning anger against themselves is removed".
In case your cousin have all or most of the characteristics she may be suffering with passive-aggressive personality disorder.
Provided that she suffers with passive-aggressive personality setting boundaries can be help. Tell her clearly that this is my limit and if the limitations are crossed at any point I will not be able to help you. They generally make you feel that they have problem and unable to do so (meet financial obligations) and reverting back with same information can give them some insight to do the needful.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to have a successful sexual intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?
- What causes sensitivity to sun light?
- Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?
- Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?
- What causes erectile dysfuntion?