please explain the relationship between high blood pressue and a
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome on icliniq!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that a build up of fluids in the lungs during high blood pressure can occur in a patient with heart failure.
In case of heart failure, the heart is not able to pump the blood properly in cases of increased peripheral resistance (which happens during high blood pressure).
This way the blood remains in the lungs ( blood circulates from the lungs, through the heart into the systemic circulation) and it may lead to increased pulmonary pressure.
This leads to pulmonary edema and fluid build up in the lungs.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?