my daughter was playing in the school and was hit

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2018 in Child Health
Question: my daughter was playing in the school and was hit with a steel rod on her head ,she is having a lot of headache and also has a hump where she was hit!basically they were dancing and had to lie on the floor and an iron rod was supposed to cross above them,but the timing went wrong so she got hit!do we need to do anything or just rest?
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs a clinical examination and scan if required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Hit by iron rod on skull with headache definitely needs urgent clinical examination and scan if required after examination. Do not wait for symptoms like vomiting to develop.
I suggest you to take the child immediately to your nearby hospital to rule out intracranial bleed or fracture.
Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Arun 3 hours later
the c.t scan report
Answered by Dr. Arun 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can't read unclear

Detailed Answer:
I opened the attachment.

But could not read the words. The words in the picture is unreadable. Kindly upload the report in jpg or pdf format. Contact customer care team to attach clear image. Send the report at YYYY@YYYY and address it to my name: Dr Arun.

I hope the report is normal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj