my daughter 5 years. she as fever ,
More information is needed
I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
Fever has many causes in a 5 year old, most are from viral infections that would not be concerning, but sometimes it can be a sign of a more dangerous condition.
In order to give any advice about her fever, I would need to know more information: How long has she had the fever? How high is the fever when you measure it? Does she have any other symptoms such as cough, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea? Any rashes? Is she eating, drinking and otherwise acting normally?
After I get your response hopefully I can help you more.
A fever for only one day would not be concerning if she does not have any other symptoms and otherwise acting normally. It is likely a viral infection and she can take acetaminophen for the fever. Are you able to check her temperature?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining