is a blood pressure of 106/56 too low? my mom
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern and I would like to tell you that yes the blood pressure is slightly towards the lower side, however if the patient is not having any symptoms like lightheadedness, giddiness then there is nothing to worry about.
Simply take a pinch of extra salt and a cup of strong coffee, and increase your water intake this will help in stabilising The BP.
However if the BP continuously stays in this range then it is advisable to decrease the dose of the medication after consulting your treating doctor.
I hope this information will guide you properly.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?