hi hope all well with you all i had a
hope all well with you all
i had a colonscopy procedure 20 days back and been dignoaed with chornic colitis
also when they did tissue culture test the was a modret growth of pseundomonas aeroginasa bactira ( please find the attachment )
my quation is
1-is there a good medication for chronoc colitis
2- should i take antiboics for pseundomonas if yes for how long i have to take the antibiotics
regatds XXXXXXX abdulrasoul
Yes fully curable dear.
Hello and thanks for choosing 'Ask a doctor' service to ask your query.
Have gone through your query and attached reports.
1)Yes colitis means inflammation of colon. This inflammation is being caused by bacteria named pseudomonas. Once this bacteria is eliminated colitis would be cured.
2)Antibiotics mostly include antipseudomonal penicillins and cephalosporins if taken orally and carbapenems (eg, imipenem, meropenem), and aztreonam if injections are taken. However Ciprofloxacin oral continues to be the preferred drug of choice in milder cases.
Discuss the options with your doctor and you would be fine in few weeks.
Hope i was helpful.
Follow ups are welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?