hi Sir i had my second C-Section on 1st XXXXXXX

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hi Sir

i had my second C-Section on 1st XXXXXXX 2019. i am slowly recovering from pregnency fat around stomach. As i am loosing fat, i can see lot of strech marks. i know its normal, but like every other women, i am looking for a solution to get rid of those marks. is there any medicine which i can use. ? i heard bio oil can be used to remove the marks. is it safe to use during the breast feed? please suggest
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bio oil is safe to apply over C-section scars during breast feeding...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...

Well, it's too early (since you've just recently delivered) to recommend any medications for these...just make sure to remain physically active as much as possible...

You should ideally join a gym to undergo proper lower body and pelvic muscle exercises under the supervision of a trainer...these are proven extremely helpful during this phase as not only they'll help to rebuild the strength but also will maintain skin turgor at the same time (which in turn will help in keeping those stretch marks at minimum)...

Yes, you can apply bio-oil over the scars twice daily (just avoid the breast/nipples and the adjacent areas)...

Additionally, drink plenty of water, have fresh seasonal fruits, salads, high-protein diet to maintain proper nutrition (this is a high demand phase of the body)...

Please avoid wearing very tight clothing (lower body parts), try to put on soft and loose fitting breathable cotton clothing during this time...

With all these, you'd see the improvements within a few weeks...
Wish you good health...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee