hi Doctor, I am having severe fever from past one

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Feb 2019 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: hi Doctor, I am having severe fever from past one week and followed by cough. I have been using moxikind CV 625 for twice a day. dolo 650 every 6 hours along with grillingtus bm cyrup. now fever isn't bothering much but with every cough mucus/phelm is troubling a lot. I had tested for maleria and platelates and they both are fine. from yesterday I used Benadryl cough cyrup instead of grillingtus which seems to worse the cough with phelm problem. there no chest Pain or throat pain but phelm is troubling so much that I can't get it out and I can't even sleep last night morning 6am. I got myself x Ray and can you please how can I get ride of mucus or phelm from throat ?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems like pneumonia in the left lung

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor'.
I am sorry for your situation and I can understand your concern

I evaluated your chest x-ray and in my opinion based in its findings you have a lung infection (pneumonia in left lower base of the lung).Do not worry so much about the secretios because they are a good sign that the treatment is working and the infection has continued to heal.

However please take correctly the treatment for at least 10 days and you should be followed up by the pulmonologist with some blood tests and ch as Hemogra. and CRP and after a chest X ray again.

If after 3-4 days you feel worse please go back to your treating doctor for re-evaluation of the situation.Do not worry you will feel better soon

I hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to contact me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana