enlarged spleen on a 11 year old boy. hospitalized for
Please upload the complete blood count report
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
Hepatosplenomegaly is common in EBV infection. Splenomegaly can persist. Could you please upload the complete blood count report including the peripheral blood smear. It will indicate if the destruction of RBCs is enhanced. Unless that is the case there is no reason to worry.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever