diet or gym ,which is more applicable for weight loss
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Studies have shown that diet is a more significant factor in weight loss than exercise. While diet is key for weight loss, exercise is important in terms of maintaining weight loss and not gaining it back.
There are many diets being advertised, but any diet that leads to weight lose will have to have an energy intake less than energy expenditure. All adults have been shown to lose weight when they restrict their calorie intake to less than 1000 kcal/day. So I would recommend that you focus on the amount of food that you eat rather than what kinds of food you eat. Of course, motivation to stay consistent is a large part of whether a diet will succeed or not.
So I would recommend that both diet and exercise are used to lose weight, but diet is the more important of the two.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining