ahould i atart an antibiotic before i get a tooth
Consult your oral surgeon for preventive measures.
Thanks for consulting Ask A Doctor service.
This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query.
I have read your query and understand your concern. As far as prophylactic antibiotic is concerned i would like to tell you that for each implant surgery it is not mandatory. Antibiotics are however useful in preventing postoperative infections after implant placement. To achieve high long-term survival and success rates of dental implants, antibiotic prophylaxis is required and if patient is having any health issues like prosthetic (false) heart valves, past endocarditis, a heart transplant or other heart conditions then preventive antibiotic therapy is recommended to reduce the risk of implant failure.
I will suggest you to consult your oral surgeon and then go for prophylactic antibiotic for treatment.
Hope this will help you.
If you have further query I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain in wisdom tooth
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils
- What causes gritty feeling under the tongue?
- Suggest treatment for yellowish teeth and bleeding gums
- What is the time of eruption of permanent upper and lower teeth?
- What causes salty taste in mouth?
- How can bad breath be treated
- What causes swelling on collar bone?
- What causes foul taste in mouth?
- Suggest remedy for foul smell from mouth