a few weeks ago i woke up after what i

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
a few weeks ago i woke up after what i believe might have been an insect bite to my left testicle, Now it is swolleni found a small bit of scaring on my scrotum. No pain or discoloration. Just an abnormal size with no improvement in the last two weeks durring which time i had been out of town.
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to infection of hair follicle `

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks fr query .

Based on the facts that you have posted swelling on the testicle with scaling could be mostly due to infection of hair follicle or sebaceous gland .

Start taking antibiotic like Doxicycline and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

It should get cured within a week .If persists you will need to consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination in person to establish diagnosis and further treatment .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.