Yellow discharge from nipples, nipples tingles, light period. Cause?

Dr. Mitaly

Posted on Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in General Health
Question: for the last three mouths my nipples tingel the left one is worse the the right one ,when i pull my nippel there is a little yellow stuff there my periods been very light lasting 2 to 3 days what could this be am 38 yrs old.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for posting your query

The symptoms as discharge from the nipples,tingling and decreased periods can be suggestive of hormonal changes in the body. The possible causes are fibrocystic breast disease, duct ectasia, cyst etc.

All these causes can be ruled out after some simple blood tests and a detailed examination by your gynecologist.

Since it has already been 3 months you have been having these symptoms, I will advise you to get a complete breast examination and investigations to rule out the exact cause.

You can also start taking some Vitamin E capsules once a day for few months which might help in easing the pain.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Jyoti Patil