question-icon

With several fractures including shattered femur osteoporosis had enough orthopedic

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Question: With several fractures including shattered femur osteoporosis had enough orthopedic surgeon refuses to do knee surgery, bones to thin. Ankles and feet involved in fracture with arthritis and bone problems due to flat feet all painful at different levels almost constantly.Recently diagnosed with hyperparathyroid. Due to have surgery. I have been on nocor. Ultram, for years now all to be discontinued. I am afraid of what this is doing to my already limited mobility and quality of life of any life whatsoever. Please give opinion and am i overreacting?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Inputs needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query. It should be hard for you to deal with things. I would need to ask you if you got the fractures all of a sudden or over a period of time. I also need to ask whether you have received vitamin D and calcium supplementation, and if so, when was it? I would also insist you to upload the reports. That will help me to correlated.

Regarding surgery, I need to know what surgery you are anticipating (upload medical notes if you have them) and which problem exactly are you trying to solve (say, inability to walk) through surgery. I think that when your doctor is suggesting you not to go for surgery, perhaps that is the right choice keeping all factors in consideration.

I would await your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha