Will deviry 10 mg & progynova 2 mg cause weight
Both are hormonal pills, Deviry can cause weight gain.
Hello Seelam Aswitha,
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service.
Deviry 10 mg contains Medroxyprogesterone acetate and Progynova 2 mg contains Estradiol velarate.
Deviry can cause both weight gain and weight loss, and Progynova may or not cause weight gain, it usually reduces weight.
The risk of weight gain is not very significant. Your doctor would have considered the side effects of these drugs before prescribing them to you.
So relax and continue the treatment as advised by your doctor.
I hope that clarifies your doubt.
Both should be taken once a day only.
Both tablets must be taken only once in a day, at a specific fixed time for them to work properly.
How many days depends on why these medicines were prescribed to you.
So, if you can please tell me why your doctor asked you to take these medicines, I can guide you further.
Awaiting your response
These medicines should be taken once only.
Thanks for clarifying.
These are hormonal contraceptive pills and these work for irregular periods as well.
You should take both of them together and once a day, ideally in the morning.
Take them for one week and see how it goes.
If your cycles do not get regular even after this treatment, you may need to take similar medicines for 6 months after consulting with your gynecologist to regularise your menses,
I hope that answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...