Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Why have I developed cough while taking Rotacaps?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12739 Questions
hello I'm 23 yrs old I'm suffering from wheezing problem from a long time(not from childhood) doctor has suggested me aerocart was v.useful in starting but now a days after taking it also I'll suffer a lot..and recently cough has started he gave tablets it stopped that time now again i have started to cough and the cough has increased..can you people tell me what is the reason for it or can you specify any specialist doctor whom i can consult in Bangalore ....i have fear that i may get T.B...sorry my English is E-mail address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Developing a cough while on rota caps cannot be due to allergy as these rotacaps already have steroids as one of the components.
The prolonged cough that you are having is either from the dryness of throat or the cause needs to be investigated.
If there is expectoration present then sputum examination and culture for AFB will help in the diagnosis.
If the cough is present only at the time of inhaling rotacap then it is a common finding as some of the powder when directly touches the throat irritates it and causes cough.
In Bangalore you can consult at MS Ramaiah chest institute.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Why have I developed cough while taking Rotacaps? 16 hours later
After taking medicine i will be OK..but later it will start again and it wont stop till i get vomited..any other hospital other than MS Ramaiah...i dont where this MS ramaiah chest institute located. i only know MS ramaiah Hospital.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

You need to get your chronic cough investigated.
To find a good Chest specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. (Please send mail to YYYY@YYYY )

Sincerely hope it will help.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor