Why do the joints just below the base of my

Question
Why do the joints just below the base of my fingernails turn dark blue on occasion? This looks like bruising, but I have no injuries. I don't have arthritis. My hands aren't cold. And there is no pain associated with this event. It happens rarely--every 2-3 months--and then after a few days, the darkness clears up. ???
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Veins and Arteries

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vasoconstriction

Detailed Answer:

This phenomenon is called vasoconstriction where in the arterioles n capillaries ( very small diameter blood vessels) that supply fingers are losing their diameter by constricting thus reducing blood supply to fingers. Now we need to understand the reason for such thing what factors like temperature, inherent genetics etc. smoking can cause this. Raynaud'son is known without any other symptoms.
You need to see a general surgeon or rheumatology specialist for evaluation.