Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Why am I having swollen face?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5557 Questions
swollen faceI can't feel my face where it was hit at and where it is hard and swollen is that ok?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Inability to feel could be related to injury of the nerve in the skin of the area you were hit. It is not a cause of concern, as it is often due to neuropraxia.
Neuropraxia is a temporary problem and there is no permanent damage to the nerve in this condition.
Most often, it improves on its own. However, to speed up the recovery, you could use nerve vitamins such as vitamin B12 supplements.
For the facial swelling, you could use anti-inflammatory drugs such as diclofenac or ibuprofen.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Why am I having swollen face? 29 minutes later
thx that help
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor