Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

White discharge from penis,itchy,smelly,painful foreskin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
which doctor to go for penis related problems ...i have a white substance coming out of it ..its itchy ,smelly and also the fore skin pains a lot when i try to pull it back .
and if u can refer some medicine also ...
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 15 hours later
Thanks for the query.

You certainly need to see urologist for these problems.

I would like to know whether the whitish discharge is under the foreskin or it comes out of the penis.

It is most probably seems like Balanitis . Balanitis is inflammation of the glans penis commonly seen in uncircumscribed men. It usually causes redness and/or a blotchy rash on the glans, sometimes with a discharge.

The most common complication of balanitis is phimosis, or inability to retract the foreskin from the glans penis.

Balanitis is not sexually transmitted. It results from an overgrowth of organisms which are normally present on the skin of the glans. The environment under the foreskin is warm and moist, and these conditions often favor the growth of the organisms that cause balanitis. . This may occur if you have not washed for a couple of days, or sometimes after sexual activity (vaginal, oral or anal - with or without a condom).

Common organism associated with balanitis is a yeast known as Candida albicans.
In the meantime you can start applying clotrimazole cream on the glans and foreskin.

Hope i answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: White discharge from penis,itchy,smelly,painful foreskin 1 hour later
hello doctor
thnx for the reply .
the whitish discharge is under the foreskin and it only comes out when there is too much of it .. or else it inside the foreskin and its itchy inside what i do is clean it with normal water and then wipe it with dry cloth or towel ..and this has been happening to me for the past 3 months which i thought would go away ..
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back again,

These conditions would not go away unless they are completely treated.

As it is a dermatological condition you need to seek help from the same doctor.

Just maintain good hygiene. Have nutritious food.

Practice safe sexual methods.

As it can be balanitis. You can try to do through cleansing and then apply clotrimazole cream twice daily for 3 weeks.

Please seek dermatologist opinion.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor