When should a woman start with Mercilon?
You can start it on 14th may.
Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Mercilon is also a combined oral contraceptive pill and you can start the pill form any day of your menstrual cycle if you are sure that you are not pregnant.
Usually they start on first day of menstrual cycle or on 5 th day of menstrual cycle Continue for 21 days with 7 days break.
So you can start it on 14 th may or you can waiwait for your menses.
Hopefully found useful, feel free to discuss more.
thank you very much for your response. May I ask, even though I took about 28 pills without any break, and I can start my new pill On thursday. Can I currently still have unprotected intercourse in the meantime? Will I be protected?
Better go for protected sex.
You are most welcome.
You can go for unprotected sex during this period but its better to go for protected sex( use barrier method) to prevent pregnancy.
Hope it found useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- After having had waistband on, gets nauseous. Is it related?
- Had unprotected sex who is not virgin. Can I have STD if I will have...
- Had blood in mid cycle, tender breasts. Have IUD. Sonogram showed thick...
- Having delayed periods. Prescribed with sysron, not yet got my periods....
- Labia minora is swollen, painful and radiates. Noticed 3 hard and...
- Recently started yaz, got bleeding post sex, not on periods due. What...
- Pregnant. Having fever at night and early morning, weakness, bitter...
- I am pregnant. Is it safe to travel by plane in second trimester?
- Nursing mother. Missed period. Experiencing pain in tail bone while...
- Got vaginal bleeding after taking ipill and missed for next month. What...