When can i start solid food for 2 months infant?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Fri, 20 Jun 2014 in Child Health
Question: my baby is two months ,when i have to start baby food,which oil is to used for his massage and which is to used for his body so that his skin will be germ free and fresh
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 48 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cooking oil for massage

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Solid food can be started somewhere between 4 and 6 months of age. The time of starting depends on whenever your baby starts holding his head good enough to be able to swallow. Thus the mother of the baby is the best judge about when to start solid food. The initial solid food will be very thin rice cereal 1 - 2 spoons at a time only.

Regarding massage, the best oil is any cooking oil, I personally recommend olive oil but any cooking oil can be used.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee