When can I expect my periods after taking Sysron for delaying it?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Question: My last date was on 2.10.2013 and usually cycle for me is 28 to 30 days. So the next date will be on 30.11 or 2.11.13. As there is a marriage on 29.11.13, on doctor's consultation I took sysron N 5mg twice a day from 25.11.13 and continued on 26.11.13. But due to unforeseen reasons the marriage postponed to 6th Dec'13. So I stopped taking tablet today. When I can expect my date now. Will it be possible for me to attend the marriage on 6th Dec'13. Please clarify
Answered by Dr. S Patra 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. If you stopped the medicine (SYSRON N) yesterday, then you will get withdrawal bleeding or period within 3 to 5 days. However, this is very difficult to predict as hormonal imbalance may cause late period. In my opinion, you can wait up to 30th Nov to get your period. If it doesn't start, you have to take SYSRON N (5 mg) medicine twice daily to postpone your period until your marriage ceremony is over. It is the best thing at this stage. Hope, it helps for you. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen