What would make me wake up to racing heart rate, nausea and unsteady feeling leading to vertigo?
This occurred most likely due to panic.
I can understand your concern. Sudden onset rapid heart beat, nausea, feeling of uneasiness could be due to onset of panic. You have history of anxiety and panic and this also points towards panic. The episode lasted for 10-15 minutes and this also supports possibility of panic attack.
But since this started suddenly on waking up so any cardiac cause should be ruled out. You are 31 and at this age cardiac issues are not seen commonly. You can get one ECG done and this will grossly rule out any cardiac cause. Though there is no urgent need for this.
Thanks and take care
Please don’t hesitate to ask again for more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nausea diarreha heart rate
- Heart rate nausea causes
- Burping nausea and fast heart rate
- Headachesrapid heart rate and nausea
- Diagnosis of heart rate nausea
- Symptoms of heart rate nausea
- Treatment and cure for heart rate nausea
- Low heart rate and nausea
- Fast heart rate cause nausea
- Nausea rapid heart rate tired