What would cause a sudden increase in an AST #
CT shows no liver issues
all other blood work normal
just had a cycostophy and all is good
variations in normal physiologic parameters show such changes.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* As per my surgical experience, the AST ( Aspartate Amino Transferase ) value of 38
without any clinical signs or symptoms is absolutely fine and normal.
* So far as your query about the change in range of 27 to 38 is concerned, many of the
physiologic parameters do show periodic changes without any underlying pathology or
problem in majority of the persons.
* Only if particular data is persistently elevated beyond clinically significant level than
only one has to take stress about the same and look for further depth evaluation
which is not your case.
Hope this will help you to understand the issue more clearly.
Would like to assist further regarding the same as per your need.
Wish you best health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools