question-icon

What should the normal fasting blood sugar and PPBS levels be during 7th month of pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 7 Dec 2018
Question: hi, i am in my 7th month of preganancy.. my fasting blood sugar came out to be 94.. the only thing i had before test was water.. does it effcet the result? Also, i am yet to check for post breakfast reading...could you tell me what should be the normal fasting n post breakfast reading?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Fasting blood sugar is borderline high

Detailed Answer:

The criteria for gestational diabetes mellitus during pregnancy is:

Fasting - 92 mg/dl
After 1 hr of breakfast/meal - 180 mg/dl
After 2 hrs - 153 mg/dl

This is as per IADPSG criteria. Any one value higher than reference qualifies for diabetes in pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Sameer Kumar
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist